Medical resonance imaging, commonly known as an MRI, is a state-of-the-art imaging technology which makes it possible for doctors to MRIsee a detailed image of your body’s internal structures. MRI technology is used frequently by neurologists because it provides a much more detailed look at your nervous system than conventional x-rays or CT scans can provide. MRI technology is also radiation-free, unlike conventional radiography. Your doctors at Northwest Neurology, in Libertyville, Lake Barrington, Rolling Meadows, Arboretum South Barrington, and Crystal Lake, Illinois, want you to know when you might benefit from an MRI.
Doctors may request an MRI to aid in diagnosis and treatment of:
- Pinched nerves in your spine and other spine conditions
- Tumors of the brain or spine
- Strokes, brain hemorrhage or cerebrovascular disease
- Brain abnormalities associated with seizures
- Multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating diseases
- Changes from radiation treatment
- Vascular abnormalities and aneurysms
A functional MRI of the brain can also be recommended to identify parts of the brain necessary for language and movement control in people who are going to have brain surgery.
The MRI technology available at Northwest Neurology is state-of-the-art and offers neurology patients many benefits, such as:
- Saving time; you won’t have to make an additional appointment for imaging.
- Saving money; onsite imaging is usually less expensive than going to another facility.
- More convenient; you won’t have to make additional trips to another facility for imaging.
- Quicker results; your doctors at Northwest Neurology can review your images as soon as possible.
- More comfortable; the MRI equipment at Northwest Neurology is more open than other MRI machines, making the procedure easy even for people with anxiety or claustrophobia.
An MRI is the most frequently used imaging test of the brain and spinal cord. It is the best non-invasive way to examine your organs, tissues and bones. If you need an MRI, don’t worry. Your doctors at Northwest Neurology want you to feel comfortable about getting an MRI. So, call your doctors at Northwest Neurology with five office locations in Libertyville, Lake Barrington, Rolling Meadows, South Barrington, and Crystal Lake, Illinois. Call today for more information about how an MRI can benefit you!