Neuromuscular diseases are acquired or inherited conditions that affect either the peripheral nerves, neuromuscular junction, muscles or sometimes the nerve roots as they exit the spine. Common symptoms of neuromuscular disease include numbness, tingling sensations, muscle pain, weakness and/or muscle atrophy.
Northwest Neurology providers are committed to comprehensively evaluating and treating patients with neuropathy, CIDP, myasthenia gravis, inflammatory myopathy, ALS and more. When needed, advanced diagnostics are utilized including EMG/NCS, skin biopsy/ nerve fiber density, laboratory and genetic testing. The latest treatements are also employed including monoclonal antibody infusion.
Some neuromuscular conditions and symptoms:
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Large fiber peripheral neuropathy
- Small fiber peripheral neuropathy
- AIDP or Guillan Bare Syndrome
- Multifocal motor neuropathy
- Mononeuritis multiplex
- Entrapment neuropathies such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Radiculopathy or a pinched nerve
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis or ALS
- Hereditary neuropathy