The Women’s Neurology Center of Northwest Neurology is led by Manisha Sahay, M.D. As the only fellowship trained Women’s Neurology specialist in the Chicago area, Dr. Sahay is committed to meet the unique healthcare needs of women suffering from neurological disorders. At the Women’s Neurology Center of Northwest Neurology, special consideration is given to reproductive changes and hormonal factors throughout a woman’s lifespan, including pregnancy, pharmacologic interactions of oral contraceptives, menopause, and the important interface of women’s health with neurological disease. In addition to raising awareness of issues related to women with neurological disease, Dr. Sahay and the Women’s Neurology Center are a clinical resource and referral base for patients, physicians and other healthcare professionals caring for women.
Northwest Neurology’s Women’s Neurology program brings specialized, fellowship-trained expertise to the important area of women’s health and neurological disorders in women. We are committed to understanding gender differences in neurological conditions and women’s health, and to assuring that greater expertise and patient-centered care is provided to women with neurological problems. Additionally, the Northwest Neurology Women’s Neruology Program serves as a resource and educational center for patients and physicians on topics specific to women with neurological disorders.
The Women’s Neurology Center of Northwest Neurology
- Examines gender differences in neurological diseases such as epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, migraine and more. The physicians and clinical staff offer special expertise in addressing neurological aspects of women’s health as well as the unique aspects of neurological disorders in women.
- Brings specialized, fellowship-trained expertise to the important area of women’s health and neurological disorders in women.
- Provides resources and educational information for patients and physicians on topics specific to women with neurological disorders.
Problems and conditions commonly seen at Northwest Neurology’s Women’s Neurology Program:
- Menstrual migraine and related disorders.
- Neurological aspects of pregnancy including headache, preeclampsia, sciatica, carpal tunnel, Bell’s Palsy and more.
- Interactions of medicines used in neurology with the female reproductive system.
- Interface of neurological conditions such as MS, epilepsy and more, with women’s health, reproduction and menopause.
What set’s Northwest Neurology’s Women’s Neurology apart from general neurology?
- Comprehensive care: our physicians and nurses, led by Dr. Sahay, recognize that each woman is unique, and women with neurological conditions should have access to expert care by specialists who understand the interaction of neurological conditions, medication and women’s health.
- Specialized care: Northwest Neurology’s Dr. Sahay is the only fellowship trained Women’s Neurology specialist in the Chicago area. Women seen at Northwest Neurology have access to more advanced care, and benefit from a collaborative, team approach that is not readily available elsewhere.
- Patient-centered: Northwest Neurology’s physicians and staff devote sufficient time to each woman’s concerns and circumstances, assuring that each patient has a thorough evaluation and a higher level of care.